07 October 2019

[Postcrossing] Why don't have any meetup postcrossing in Bangkok ? Part one


[Postcrossing]
Why don't have any meetup postcrossing in Bangkok ? Part One

Last year i want to know about meetup in Bangkok
I just search in forum postcrossing and on Facebook
so... i found it never happen before
(Why not ?!) I mean... you can see many postcrosser in Thailand
but why don't have any meetup in Bangkok or other area before ??

I'm wanna explain about my feeling about the meetup
so i just come back to write my blog again


So the first thing i thought about "Meetup"
Why don't have any meetup in Bangkok before ?

reason one : The place in Bangkok 

Because Bangkok don't have much space like free library or chill cafe
And you can't sit in the cafe or shop to write postcard for 3-6 hours
If you don't order something very big and expensive ... (or i think too much)

Bangkok is very busy town i knew it but "space" is have big problem!
So i just ask librarian in my office (Museum Siam)
She love the activity so the project is going on!





Library in Museum Siam call "knowledge center"
and it locate 2nd floor, office building, Museum Siam

The library is free area to use so i think this place will good area for meeting

(Now the Museum can go with MRT Sanam Chai - Exit 1)

i will make some introduce about the place next soon...

reason two : How can i find postcrosser in Bangkok or Thailand ?
(and want to join the meetup!)

I'm see some group in Facebook "Postcrossing Thailand"
this is the big group i know, yes it have postcrosser in group
so i just ask the day people available in October
(because the library open Mon - Sat. then just have 4 day to select)

The poll i just make in group look like people want to join in
19 October is win with 6 peoples

Location : Yes
Date : Yes

the time i think people will ok with that is afternoon
so i set on afternoon after ask member wanna join meetup

reason three : Meetup card and where to print ?

Again it have some problem i think before last year
If i wanna make meetup how can i manage all of this thing ?
I search from free graphic like Freepik / Vector site
and look for free user to make some card
...
and it turn out 15 designs
(Ammmm i know it just first meetup but why have so many design)

Last week member who wanna join meetup 
just found source "150 Years of Postcards : THAILAND"
so it will include the meetup too

(15 design + 150 Years of Postcard)


So this is my first time to manage meetup postcard
I'm excite! but it have other question i want to know
Hanging (the postcrossing logo) ?
Stamp Postmark official ?
What activity people will enjoy in meeting ?

I know sometime i just look nervous with everything!

Last week (Friday) the hanging just arrive
(sponsor buy my friend in museum)



Today i just got the stamp postmark (2 design)
from the recommend shop in my museum too


I want to have my own postmark too so i just order 1 design
Uncle in shop tell me that design i order have little problem
so he give me more 2 design for free! (I'm love him so much!)


The meetup card will have proof on Wednesday (9 Oct)
I hope the card will arrive before meetup day!

Will update more about meetup project in Bangkok

No comments:

Back to Top